Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 3, Sandwich

Today I did my workout in my small Japanese apartment which was a little tricky, but I found a narrow place between the kitchen and living room where the jump rope can swing in a full arc. It was actually a really good way to learn to control the rope.

In day 1's entry I listed a how many grams of carbs, protein, etc, I eat for breakfast at lunch. The first few days I just ate each thing separately cause I was trying so hard to get the grams right. But I'm slowly learning how to put the different dietary needs together so that they actually resemble food.

Today's lunch was a sandwich, but I didn't just slap some stuff between two pieces of bread. Here it is.

The bread is sourdough, which took care of that meal's carbs. Inside is avacado, tomato, and leafy greens, which is half of the vegetables I needed. (The other half came from a glass of vegetable juice) And the protein comes half from tuna fish and half from cottage cheese. A little horseradish mustard added some salt-free flavor. It took a little thought, but now I have that sandwich in my healthy lunch repetoire forever, and don't have to think about how many grams of this or that there are.

And to get my fruit I simply had some strawberries, apple, and banana in skim milk with a glass of orange juice. Losing weight doesn't have to mean never eating well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't fool me Patrick that sandwich does not look delicious. j/k good job keep it up you can do it. When you're finished you're going to have such great lifelong habits and you'll feel great about yourself and your body. That's my wish for you. I already feel great about your body. *mandatory flirt* It's part of my personality I can't help it.