Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 108, 108

You may or may not know that the number 108 is a mystical number in Hinduism and Buddhism. There are a number of reasons for this, which I know you don't care about. But if you want to know more check the wiki page on 108)

I've always thought it was silly to get wrapped up in numbers because of special properties they have. Prime numbers, the Fibonnaci sequence, Pi, etc... it always seemed to me strange to give some of them meaning over others.

Today was special for me too because we had our annual "All you can stretch event" to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Yoga Garden.

So I'm very tired tonight and this is about all I can manage as far as blog posts go.

3 comments:

Sean said...

I never thought getting wrapped up in numbers was very necessary, either, something for people with way too much time on their hands (I so did not like math classes in school, obviously).

But then I saw this movie by Darren Aronofky called "Pi" that totally changed my mind about the whole matter. I don't think I have the interest (or intellect) to go as deeply into the Hebrew mythology and mystical properties of pi in relation to the stock market, etc. but, damn, was it an interesting movie.

Anonymous said...

For some reason this ninja warrior contest reminds me of you and your PCProject (which I am a fan of). I bet you could take all of these guys.

http://www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior/index.aspx

Anonymous said...

I agree with not glorifying numbers. It seems quite meaningless to me. I did like math classes though.

Aronofsky's "Pi" was interesting, yet a little TOO artistic for me. A real shitty ending too. Maybe a good ending for the character, but too much for me. I'm a wuss.