Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 124, What's in the Box? And the Answer is...

Thanks everyone who cast their vote for what was in the box given to me on Day 78.

You all came up with the suggestions yourselves and I must say I'm really impressed. Have you ever read James Surowiecki's The Wisdom of Crowds? The book talks about how in experiment after experiment, a crowd's average guess is always better than a single person, even if that person is an expert. So, if you ask a roomful of people how many jelly beans are in a jar, their collective average answer will always be closer to the correct number than any one person's guess.

Well, let's see how The Wisdom of Crowds worked for my little contest, "What's in the Box?"

Here's the box.


Here's me opening it...


No way, it can't be....


It is! Damn! A Yellow Bruce Lee jumpsuit!



Which is exactly what you all predicted it would be. That's really incredible. Thanks everyone for your guesses. I'm not going to put it on until the project is really over tomorrow, that just wouldn't be right. Check back then for pictures of me in it, and for my final posting of my Peak Condition Project. What a ride!

4 comments:

MikeRussellMcK said...

Great book. "None of us is as smart as all of us..."

Corry said...

oh man, I LOVE the suit, GOTTA see you wearing it in a picture! Maybe on the last day??? GREAT gift! Can't stop smiling as I write!!!

Corry said...

I'm a geek, so excited to 'see' the gift, didn't even read your words...you're gonna do it tomorrow...riiiight, gotcha, until then...

Anonymous said...

Yesssss! How awesome!