Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 42, Progress and an Announcement

Today I did 500 jumpropes in a row, without being winded and without a miss (i.e. the rope getting caught on my feet). When I started this project I could barely get through 50 without messing up. And after a hundred my breathing was beginning to get heavy. It used to take me 20 minutes to do my thousand jumps, now I can do it in 5.

Chen has told me to not jumprope so much, I don't need to lose anymore weight, but I really like jumping rope now and am almost sad when I have to stop before I'm ready. I'm currently only supposed to do 500 but I usually cheat up to 700.

In other news, there are a few people out there who have expressed interest in doing The Peak Condition Project for themselves. I talked to Chen today and we decided we can take on three participants and give them the right amount of attention and feedback so that the program will work. So, if you want to do it get in touch with me at ThePeakConditionProject( - at - )gmail.com. We're going to try and choose three very different types of people, (an older person, a woman, a slob, etc...) so don't think you can't do it.

But don't apply if you're only half-interested either! The PCP isn't that hard, but it does require consistent commitment, and about an hour a day.

So take the chance to have your own personal trainer and dietician for free! Apply before May 15th!

No comments: