Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 25, Awesome Hat Dude

I don't buy a lot of clothes, but when I do I hit up UniQlo, a Japanese store that sells basics, t-shirts, pants, just solid colors mostly. I've lost almost two inches from my waist this month so I was in there the other day looking for some new jeans or something along those lines.

There's something you should know about UniQlo. 95% of the stuff in there is crap. Terrible design, ill-fitting, tacky graphics. But just once in a while, you can find treasure. While I didn't find any trousers yesterday, I did stumble on this hat.

Mighty Soy, with a soybean growing out of a pod, flexing it's biceps. I love it! Not only because it's funky and just short of ugly, but because it kind of sums up one thing I'm trying to do with this project, which is proving that sensitive vegetarian yogis can be ripped.

So many people express surprise, if not shock, when I tell them I'm a vegetarian. What do they expect, a skinny, pale, ghost of a man? Building muscle has nothing to do with eating meat.

And to prove it, here's a link to two guys who've taken it to the limit.

Steve Holt, who has some good information on Vegetarian Bodybuilding.

and, most impressive of all, former Mr. Olympia Bill Pearl, pictured here, who did it all without eating meat. Awesome! That's some Mighty Soy!

No comments: