Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 32, Vitality

The outside of the building where my yoga studio is located has been under renovation for the past 6 weeks. This means that 6 weeks ago I had to totally deconstruct our extensive veranda garden so that the workers could get to the underlying concrete. It took about 5 hours to pack everything up. I remember that I was exhausted after moving all the plant, rocks and tiles, and just came home and zoned out with a DVD.


Well, they finally finished the repainting and everything, and today was the day I had to move everything back out there, this time, cleaning each tile as I went in warm soapy water. If anything the work was more strenuous, as I had not only to move all the tiles and rocks, but, scrub each of them pretty hard to get them looking as good as new.

I spent 8 hours out there today, and it felt great to do some hard physical work, despite being in the last stages of a cold. I've always liked work like that, in university I had a part time carpentry job that I also loved, and the sun was out most of the day.

I got everything set up except for a few details which I'll do tomorrow, and decided to go back home for the night. Today I didn't have my bicycle, so I was walking the 1.5 miles home. I was also carrying a big bag filled with stuff I didn't need at the studio anymore.

After a few hundred paces, for no apparent reason, I felt like running the rest of the way home. And I did. With that big bag tucked under my arm. It wasn't hard, I didn't have to force myself to do it, in fact, it was a lot of fun.

And all of this after the day of heavy manual labor, a cold, and on top of that my tight PCP diet rules.

It really amazed me, that there was this deep well of vitality inside me. 6 weeks ago, before the Project, 5 hours of garden work with a full diet totally killed me. Today, harder work for a longer period, on only 1200 daily calories, left me with enough energy to run home, and write this blog about it. Only one thing has changed between those two events. And that is starting the Peak Condition Project.

Which is all to say, this bad boy is working. And it's working in the best possible way. Not just looking good, but actually having more energy for the stuff I want to do.

No comments: